“If you don't have a revelation of the spirit, soul and body, you will never understand the scriptures.” Kenneth E. Hagin
INTERACTIONS OF THE SPIRIT, SOUL AND BODY
When Adam sinned, three things happened:
- His spirit became dead to God in the sense that it was now separated from God and no longer in harmony with God’s Spirit. Adam’s spirit became a slave to his senses, because he became dependent on his senses to live. When his senses gained control, there was no longer an understanding or sensitivity to spiritual things.
- His mind opposed God and became subject to shame, fear of rejection, and guilt that made him hide from God.
- His body physically deteriorated and became subject to age, sickness and physical death.
Everything orchestrated for Adam and mankind was thereafter reversed; health was replaced with sickness, prosperity with poverty, and above all, relationship and intimacy with God was replaced with alienation. However God had a redemptive plan through Jesus to restore relationship and intimacy once again (Romans 5:8-9, John 4:22-23).
The miracle of salvation made possible the tripartite hierarchy to be reinstated as God ordained, spirit, soul and body. The tripartite nature has to be constantly fed so that each part receives the spiritual and physical nutrients necessary for health.
Continual communication takes place between your spirit, soul and body.
- Your body has portals or gates, through which there is access to outside stimuli through the eyes, ears, and the other senses of touch, taste and smell.
- Your body sends messages from your senses to your conscious mind the things you’re experiencing, and leaves it up to your mind how to respond. The amount of information that enters through your sense portals at any given time is staggering, and is processed at lightening speed by your mind that makes microsecond decisions based on the information received.
- The apostle Paul makes reference to renewing the “spirit of your mind.” He uses this expression in reference to discarding your former conduct, so not to grieve the Holy Spirit. Romans 8:5-7 says,
"For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be."
Being renewed in the "spirit of your mind” is to have renewed your conscious mind with the Word of God to the extent that your spirit has ascendency over your carnal mind and fleshly ways. It is a continual transformation by the Holy Spirit through Gods Word, resulting in Christlikeness. It refers to the inner man, the very deepest part of whom we are that transforms how we think and what we do, and is the watchdog of your conscience (Ephesians 4:17-32).
HEALTH ACTION: MEDITATE AND DECLARE
- As I meditate on healing scriptures, I receive revelation knowledge of God’s desire and willingness to heal me, and I order my body to respond accordingly.
- My spirit is alive and ‘one’ with the Spirit of God. I am fervent in spirit because I regularly exercise the discipline of prayer, worship, and reading God’s Word (1 Peter 2:2, Hebrews 5:12-14). My spirit is sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit and ascendant in all matters concerning healing and health.
HEALTH ACTION: MEMORISE
- "For His divine power has bestowed on us [absolutely] everything necessary for [a dynamic spiritual] life and godliness, through true and personal knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence." 2 Peter 1:3 (Amplified)
WORSHIP HEALS BOOK
Worship is such a towering theme in the Bible, and there is strong evidence throughout scripture that worship is a powerful environment to receive healing, and maintain good health. God created you to worship, and it’s the one thing that He requires from you above all else.
It's not an overstatement to say that the Christian life is meaningless without worship, and your success and health is largely dependent on the lifestyle practice of it. By understanding the connection between worship and healing, your relationship with God will deepen, and you will enjoy a renewed sense of trust in Him as your Healer.